A New Way to Pay for Parking in Wilmington
Download the Parkmobile app to pay to park with your phone throughout the city
Look for the green Parkmobile sign or sticker.
Enter the zone number listed into the app & choose your duration.
Confirm all information is correct & start parking!
You may opt in to receive alerts when time is about to expire & extend time remotely if maximum has not been reached.
Parkmobile is the country’s leading provider for on-demand and prepaid mobile parking payments. The City of Wilmington has teamed up with Conduent and Parkmobile so you can pay at parking meters in the city by using a mobile app, a web browser, or a phone call. It’s an exciting initiative that will make your parking experience more convenient.
Customers create an account using their license plate number, Parkmobile zone number, and payment information. Then they select their zone number and length of stay into the Parkmobile system and off they go.
The Parkmobile app can be used at approximately 1,000 curbside parking meters in Wilmington. Look for the green Parkmobile decals or signs (see sample above) and use the zone number to complete your payment.
Yes! The ability to use Parkmobile in many locations is part of the benefit to Wilmington residents, workers, and visitors. Parkmobile is the most widely used mobile parking solution in the country and is available at nearby locations including Bethany Beach, Dewey Beach, Rehoboth Beach, and Lewes Beach as well as New York City, Washington, D.C., and – soon – Philadelphia.
Please note that if you are using Parkmobile in Wilmington and making a phone call to start a parking session instead of using the app, you must dial 877-727-5758, the number specific to Wilmington. If you use another city’s number, Parkmobile will record your parking session in that city, not in Wilmington.
Parkmobile enables quick, easy payments for parking and stores transaction information for your convenience. Parkmobile allows customers to:
- Easily to register and use the service—account setup and management are available through the app, online, and over the phone
- Save time when paying and potentially save money by avoiding parking tickets
- Set up optional reminders 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes prior to your parking time expiring
- Remotely extend your parking session up to the maximum allowed time
- Save "favorite" and recently used zones
- View parking history
- Add up to 5 license plate numbers to your account
Parkmobile has created a few videos to assist you with using the service:
You can still use Parkmobile through the automated phone system. Call 877-727-5758 for assistance. To begin using the service, you’ll need to complete a one-time registration. We suggest you register in advance of your first parking session so it’s quick and easy.
The zone number is the 5-digit number on the parking meter beginning with 87. The zone numbers change from block to block, so be sure to double-check that you are entering the correct zone number for your parking meter.
You can use the zone number on the neighboring meter, so long as it’s on the same block. Zones are established based on groups of parking meters. In most cases, each block has its own zone number.
Once you have confirmed the transaction, you cannot go back and change it. If you complete a parking session in error, immediately complete a parking session with the correct zone or space number, then call Parkmobile Support at (877) 727-5758 to have the initial transaction reversed.
You pay the stated posted hourly parking rate where you parked (Wilmington has a $1 per hour parking meter rate) plus a transaction fee. The fees are as follows:
- $.30 if using the Parkmobile Wallet feature
- $.45 if using another means
Parkmobile Wallet is a way for you to load an account balance with Parkmobile so that your future parking transactions are deducted from that balance instead of getting individually charged to your credit card. Customers using this option will save 15 cents for each transaction (a transaction fee of 30 cents compared to 45 cents for the other options).
Customers using the Parkmobile app can pay using a number of handy methods:
- A credit or debit card
- Chase Pay
- Visa Checkout
- Parkmobile Wallet
- Apple Pay (coming soon)
Yes, you can add a secondary payment method and toggle back and forth between the personal and business cards as needed. For instructions, please visit: https://parkmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203299490-Can-I-use-a-different-credit-card-for-business-expenses-
Fifteen minutes is the minimum, and the service provides options for purchasing time in increments of 15 minutes.
Parkmobile will allow you to purchase as much time as is allowed by the posted parking regulations, which is most often limited to 2 hours. Please be sure to check the maximum allowable length of stay before you leave your vehicle.
Log into your account through the app or online and go to your Settings (or the “More” tab in the app), then choose the “Notifications” tab. You can select the notifications you wish to receive. Please note that you will only receive a notification that your parking session will end if you made a payment through Parkmobile. It is not possible to get a notification if you paid the meter directly. If you use the mobile app, an optional reminder can be set to remind you 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes before the parking session expires.
With Parkmobile, you may conveniently extend your parking remotely, as long as you do not exceed the maximum time for the location. Meter feeding beyond the maximum limit at a meter is illegal in Wilmington.
20. I paid for more time than I needed. Can I stop the session for a partial refund or transfer my time to another location?
No, just like any other payment at a meter, once paid, the time remains on the meter. Upon moving to another location, you will need to pay for a new session.
No, when using the Parkmobile service, you will not need to display a receipt in your windshield. After you start your parking session, enforcement personnel can verify your payment by matching your license plate number and zone number.
Payments will NOT reflect on the parking meter, but Parkmobile will tell you when the payment has been completed. Additionally, you may opt to receive a text message as further confirmation of payment. Should a parking citation be issued in the rare event that a Parkmobile payment did not update immediately, you may appeal the citation by following the instructions on the parking ticket and by providing your Parkmobile confirmation in your appeal.
When you pay for your parking by phone, your zone, license plate number, and parking time are displayed in the software used by the parking enforcement officer.
You can be issued a citation because you have either exceeded the amount of time or because there is no record of your parking transaction. Below are some tips to help you avoid a parking ticket:
- Complete your Parkmobile transaction before leaving your car to avoid potential processing delays
- Ensure that you receive payment confirmation from Parkmobile for the transaction
- Be sure you are paying to park with the correct license plate of the car you are parking
- Activate reminders for meter expiration time so you either have an opportunity to extend your paid time up to the maximum time limit or have time to return to the meter and move your car
In the unlikely event that you receive a ticket in error, please appeal the citation by following the instructions on the parking ticket and by providing your Parkmobile confirmation in the appeal.
Yes. Your credit card number and cardholder information is encrypted to the industry standard and no employee or user has access to any cardholder data. Parkmobile utilizes industry standard encryption methods to ensure cardholder details (name, credit card number, etc.) are stored using strong encryption algorithms. Further:
- Parkmobile stores all credit card data offsite at a PCI Level 1 datacenter
- Parkmobile is a PCI Level 1 vendor, meaning they have been audited to ensure that cardholder capture, handling, encryption and storage are all compliant with industry methods
- No Parkmobile employee has any access to any cardholder data (it is inaccessible in all manners)
- Users do not have access to their own cardholder data within the Parkmobile environment; they must re-enter or add new data on the website or mobile application
- While Parkmobile utilizes trusted methods to ensure cardholder data is protected, it is outside the scope of Parkmobile security to ensure that a customer computer or mobile phone is not compromised; there are numerous methods by which hackers may steal information from computers and hand-held devices, and the entry of personal data is at risk at any time depending on your physical surroundings and the security of your network or device.
Yes, you can register up to five vehicles on your Parkmobile account. You can add a vehicle to your account in your Personal Pages, mobile app, or mobile web. Under Settings in your app, view the Vehicle tab to manage the vehicles associated with your account. To manage your vehicles on the Parkmobile site, sign in to your account and choose the Vehicles tab on your Personal Page.
Yes. Please visit the following link: https://parkmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203299620-How-do-I-create-a-Company-Fleet-or-Business-Account
Parking is free on the following forthcoming 2017/2018 City of Wilmington holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday (January 15th)
- President’s Day (February 19th)
- Good Friday (March 30th)
- Memorial Day (May 28th)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (September 3rd)
- Veteran’s Day Observance in Wilmington (October 23, 2017, and October 22, 2018)
- Election Day (November 6, 2018)
- Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday (November 23 and 24, 2017, and November 22 and 23, 2018)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
If you don't understand your parking history or have specific questions about your Parkmobile parking charges, submit a support request with your mobile phone number included, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Often, charges do not post to your account until a day or two later. If you see an unfamiliar charge, please crosscheck it with your Parkmobile account history.
You can log into your online account at any time to review or print all transactions, as well as take a screenshot of parking transactions from the app in the “Activity” tab.